LegacyGT.org - View Single Post - Crucial Downpipe Install!
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 07:55 AM   #17
turbo2nr

+1 for the Crucial hash pipe. Mine fit perfect on an auto!!

Thanks J.

Few more bolts and you could have the turbo and up-pipe off.

Took me 1hr 15mins to do turbo/DP and IC, but I have done it eleventy-thousand XXs. I ripped out one stud on the back or OEM turbine housing, so what. I'll use a new bolt.

On EVERY subaru, there is one bastard nut.

When swapping a turbo like ours, being bolted to the IC, I loosened my compressor housing to have a passive fit at the mating surfaces of the flanges.

Don't assume that the turbo covers are "clocked" 100% perfect, and they even may have loose nutz out of the box! Go ahead and loosen both covers to re-clock.... help install and performace.

Mark it, then remove turbo and tighten, re-install for the final time with sealant, etc.

I did this without the oil drain tube on the first time around to make it an easy fit.

Regarding the oil drain tube, I NEVER reuse the spring loaded clip on the rubber hose. The turbo drain tube has a decent bump around it, and it's a very tight seal anyway. I only leave one on the tube...whichever one stays when I yank up the turbo.

When using new gaskets....run it a while, then re-torque the turbine nozzle bolts to make sure you are getting all you paid for.

Last edited by turbo2nr; 03-24-2007 at 08:02 AM.
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote