Fresh Japanese import 2007 GT sat nav/audio in Japanese want to change to English - LegacyGT.org
LegacyGT.org     subaru gift, subaru calendar

Go Back   LegacyGT.org > Legacy Technical > I.C.E/Security

Old 05-17-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
marklee

Default Fresh Japanese import 2007 GT sat nav/audio in Japanese want to change to English

I am not hopeful anyone here can help looking at the little amount of existing posts regarding this issue nothing on the internet.

I am in New Zealand and yesterday I purchased an incredibly well looked after 2007 Subaru Legacy GT, with a factroy fit sat-nav/computer, and a standard factory fit CD player which has a built in Hard Disk Drive (not the McIntosh one) which is set up in Japanese.

I have reason to believe there is no way to manually change the language from Japanese to English. However is there a Japanese speaker/owner out there who can shine more light on this, to see if this true and not just profiteering companies pulling the wool over our eyes?

I would love to obtain a user manual for my car and it's nav/music system in English, but again there appears to be no easy way... Is there a downloadable PDF version out there in cyber space even if it is in Japanese? If it is in Japanese can the PDF be easily changed into English? My car has nothing with it.

Also I have burned an MP3 disc and a normal music disc and none of them play in the CD player. Is there conflict/difference between English disc burners and Japanese ones/players? If not why aren't my CD's working? Does anyone also know what the Hard Disk Drive i and how to use it, and the 'AUX' too?

I have tried and tried via the world wide web for any answers to my questions to no avail.

Sorry about the number of questions, but if there's anyone that knows of at least one answer to any of these then I would be very grateful indeed.

Many Thanks

Mark
marklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2014, 11:55 PM   #2
Joe90NZ

Hi. Link to manuals "US version" found Here

Also it has sat nav manuals too.

Google also can covert PDF files' languages; but it does a pretty rough job; converting the words only, so you lose some comprehension in the translation.

Most other sites I've seen mention you cant change the embedded language settings (in car dash etc), unless you can flash the ECU possibly, there may be a language setting to change. Thoroughly check this site out, and see how you get on.
Joe90NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:47 PM   #3
Outback Dave

Default CD player / sat Nav - NZ

Hi Joe90NZ and Marklee...........

I have the same issue on a 2007 Outback recently purchased (AKL /NZ)...Japanese importand CD/DVD's do not work ........mechanism pulls them in but nothing plays and nothing shows in the CD / DVD section on the SAT NAV LCD screen!!!everything else all in Japanese,,,,,,,(sounds the same system as marklee with HDD etc)

I also have a series of --:-- next outside temp ........I assume this is the clock!but how to set!!

The links you posted Joe90 dont appear to work .....can anyone assist please??

Cheers Dave
Outback Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2015, 05:50 PM   #4
Outback Dave

Did you have any joy with yours? I have posted something very similar.....I am frustrated as hell.....cheers
Old 03-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #5
Outback Dave

Hi - Did you have any joy on this please - driving me nuts!
Old 01-17-2016, 08:19 PM   #6
ScOpE

Hi Dave
Did you have any luck with any of this?
I got same car and need to get laungage changed on dash and see if language can be changed on sat nav
Also set the clock>????
ScOpE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 11:40 PM   #7
LikeMike

This has been a discussion around the net, might be perfect time to learn Japanese.

2003 Subaru Impreza (Turbo) Sold
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote