Got my system done! Pics inside. - LegacyGT.org
LegacyGT.org     subaru gift, subaru calendar

Go Back   LegacyGT.org > Legacy Technical > I.C.E/Security

Old 07-05-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
kagenmateer

Default Got my system done! Pics inside.

I already posted some of these, but this is the final, completed system.

The deck was by far the most difficult part of the project. It doesn't look like much, but that took about 20 hours total to fabricate, wire, and mount. Had to really clean house behind the deck too.

Three layers of eDead in every door. I got 50 sq. ft. of it for just over $100 shipped! Elemental Designs is awesome.

Modified the factory tweeter bracket...and what a pain in the ass it was to get the woofers in. They have to be forward enough not to be hit by the power window hardware, and far enough in to not hit the door panel. Just the damn woofers took several hours to get right.

Last edited by kagenmateer; 07-05-2009 at 08:56 PM.
kagenmateer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #2
VoodooGTR

I like the whole speaker setup. Looks great. I have a full Polk Momo setup in my impreza. I am waiting till warrenty goes out on my Legacy so I can put up a speaker system. Question, does having the aftermarket and the stock stereo weirds you out? I mean you hit the stock volume before the aftermarker. But the setup looks nice. Also what Eclipse is that? It looks like a CD5300.
VoodooGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #3
TSi+WRX

Sweet!!!!

Me: '16 Outback 2.5i Limited
Wifey: '16 WRX Premium CVT
7th Subaru Family
TSi+WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 06:48 AM   #4
john

Send a message via AIM to john

Nice job. Did the sound deadening in the doors make a noticeable difference? I'm considering it just to eliminate road noise. Any issues with the amps overheating?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
Dookie
;-0

Look'n good mang!! Did you peal off the foil from the sound dampening inside the door before installing your speakers? Reason I ask, is because the sound waves/air could bounce off the foil and cause distortion. I've used dynomat and foam right behind the speakers to absorb some of the waves/air.
Dookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
kagenmateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooGTR
I like the whole speaker setup. Looks great. I have a full Polk Momo setup in my impreza. I am waiting till warrenty goes out on my Legacy so I can put up a speaker system. Question, does having the aftermarket and the stock stereo weirds you out? I mean you hit the stock volume before the aftermarker. But the setup looks nice. Also what Eclipse is that? It looks like a CD5300.
Right away, I didn't even acknowledge the stock stereo anymore. It's a 7200MKII.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
kagenmateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Nice job. Did the sound deadening in the doors make a noticeable difference? I'm considering it just to eliminate road noise. Any issues with the amps overheating?
Night and day. Except now that the rest of the car is so quiet, I hear all the noise from the firewall. So I'm gonna do that too...and then I'll probably start hearing the floor and roof.

As far as the amps go, those JLs disperse heat extremely well, so it's just not an issue. So far so good, and it's been in the triple digits here.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
kagenmateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dookie
Look'n good mang!! Did you peal off the foil from the sound dampening inside the door before installing your speakers? Reason I ask, is because the sound waves/air could bounce off the foil and cause distortion. I've used dynomat and foam right behind the speakers to absorb some of the waves/air.
Nope. Makes sense I guess. Oh well. There's no way to peel the foil off this **** anyway. Oh, and I did the trunk too, but got lazy and didn't take pics.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
Dookie
;-0

^^^^ Just wondering if you hear any feedback from the door speakers?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #10
kagenmateer

Feedback, to me, is a high-pitched whining from a signal amplifying itself. You may need to rephrase the question. If you mean some kind of echoing or something, I don't notice anything abnormal. It's so clean, it's like a good home stereo where you can hear the singer take a quiet breath and even the sound their mouth makes by opening it.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #11
Dookie
;-0

Just wondering. Cool.

I just put about a sqft behind the speaker, now you inspired me to go back and lay more dampening on the inside of the door.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
kagenmateer

http://www.edesignaudio.com/index.php?cPath=1_24
Old 12-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #13
kagenmateer

So I got this sub a couple months ago, here's it sitting next to the Infinity Perfect sub making an otherwise-massive sub look insignificant. lol

I've been working crazy hours because of the holiday, so it's taken until now to get the spacer-ring situated so I can get the JL clip-ring on (the Infinity was sunken in to look flush, but the JL has to sit out so the ring can be put on) Was kind of a PITA, but here it is.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #14
Dookie
;-0

Holy subwoofers!!! That this is massive, and can you tell the difference in sound?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #15
TSi+WRX

Damn!!!

Me: '16 Outback 2.5i Limited
Wifey: '16 WRX Premium CVT
7th Subaru Family
TSi+WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:46 AM   #16
brilliant sleeper

nice work! That's exactly how I want my subs placed. I also am going to get a navi system(spec-b) style.
brilliant sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #17
kagenmateer

Thx for the kind words! There's definitely a difference in sound quality, and more importantly, output. I was actually pleasantly surprised the Infinity Perfect sounded as good as it did, but it couldn't drop as deep as I like, and it couldn't handle certain beats at high volume. I've wanted a 10W7 ever since I sold them professionally 6 years ago, so when a good deal popped up on ebay, I went for it. This 10 sounds better than any 12 I've owned so far, so I've met my goal of accomplish bass I like while keeping size/weight down (relatively speaking) for AutoX.