Please help a lady owner in distress... - LegacyGT.org
LegacyGT.org     subaru gift, subaru calendar

Go Back   LegacyGT.org > Legacy Technical > Interior/Dressup

Old 10-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #1
Liz

Default Please help a lady owner in distress...

Hi all, please can you help? I bought my 2010 Legacy about 4 weeks ago - retailer had fitted a new (like for like) replacement satnav/infotainment unit but - is stuck in a "Security" mode -black screen, nothing works.
I bought the car on understanding retailer would get it fixed later. Retailer took it local Subaru dealer a week ago - they can't make it work either!! Very frustrating!
From my own research I understand it's something to do with the ecu needing to recognize/be paired with the new unit but so far the dealer hasn't been able to fix it -( I understand they use a VAGCOM or some similar diagnostic tool to talk to the ECU, rather than the Subaru Select Monitor, which I read somewhere is the official piece of kit required) - ?
Long story short, I'm getting the car back tomorrow unfixed - retailer has suggested installing an after market unit, but that's going to have the same problem surely, if the ecu won't recognize it and leaves it security locked- out?
I am so annoyed - can only assume there must be something more serious amiss as inputting a code shouldn't take a week!!
Any ideas? Is an aftermarket unit the only option?
When I first got the car I disconnected battery for an hour and when reconnected the satnav worked fine for about 20 mins then went blank again - have seen elsewhere disconnecting battery overnight to discharge residual current then rebooting may fix it - but would the dealer really have my car for a week and not try this?! - I am one distressed lady - any help would be appreciated

Last edited by Liz; 10-11-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2018, 08:30 AM   #2
Kona

Not sure what's going on. I'm new to the legacy, and legacy forum as well, but I would try unplugging the battery for an hour or so. Try pairing the unit to the car if you can. Best of luck.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
infotainment, satnav, security lockout