Pics from Tri-State BBQ Meet 9/23/07 (50+ pics) - LegacyGT.org
LegacyGT.org     subaru gift, subaru calendar

Go Back   LegacyGT.org > Legacy Owner's Lounge > Members' Journals

Old 09-24-2007, 02:53 AM   #1
aaronnn

Send a message via AIM to aaronnn
Default Pics from Tri-State BBQ Meet 9/23/07 (50+ pics)

posted on .com already.. but you know. they set up the meet.

although its more fun with the comments on this board.

so here they are. and you'll know the drunken basturd modtart james as you scroll through the pics.....

Old 09-24-2007, 02:53 AM   #2
aaronnn

wow!!! .org is awesome.. they dont automatically shrink the damn pics and ruin the quality like .com does..

Old 09-24-2007, 02:54 AM   #3
aaronnn

Old 09-24-2007, 04:06 AM   #4
SubieChik
LXRY STI

Nice pics! There are not many LGTs down here in my area. Makes me wish I was back home in NY. You see Legacy's there every 3 minutes.....and I'm from upstate, so I can't imagine the city.
SubieChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:20 AM   #5
2.5sbd

Sweet
I like how you used the same angle so I can see the difference in things like lowered height & cleared lights & wheels
2.5sbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:24 AM   #6
TSi+WRX

Great stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Looks like there was one *really* under-aged driver there, though!

Me: '16 Outback 2.5i Limited
Wifey: '16 WRX Premium CVT
7th Subaru Family
TSi+WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:13 PM   #7
Dookie
;-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSi+WRX
Looks like there was one *really* under-aged driver there, though!
Did you mean James?
Dookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:35 AM   #8
aaronnn

haha i was actually surprised at how many guys actually showed up.

the underaged driver.. ahaha was really cute during the meet. he actually took a few shots for me. for the shots he took all i had to do was set it on the tripod and set a 2 second timer on it. that way the baby would press it, shake the entire thing, but by the time he took his hand off the camera, the lenses were able to adjust and snap a good pic.

the meet was fun..
Old 09-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #9
TSi+WRX

^ Oh man, that's so cool with those shots!

How old's that kid? I think by what you've done with him, you might have set him on a lifetime of hobby interest - if not more - with photography. They're sooooo impressionable. Good for you!

7th Subaru Family
Old 09-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #10
aaronnn

oh not my baby.. haha i think he was like 2 or 3.

i just turned 21. im trying to live my life before i get one of those.. hahahaa although if i had a kid like that, that would be awesome!

he was even helping his dad clean his car. he had a little tissue in his hand and went up to the car and started wiping on it back and forth.

he was definitely the center of attention yesterday haha. then everyone realized the baby was only imitating the dad.... which obviously says that the dad is a car wash whore! hahahaha cleaning his car all day long and the baby is only following his footsteps. oh yeah! and he was even making car noises while he was holding the steering wheel in the driver's seat "vroooom! brrrrrrr! ooooooooooommm! ffffssssssshhhh rrrrrrooooooooo!"

his dad's car has Borla's, UP, DP, and an intake. so you kinda get the idea of what the kid hears all day long..
Old 09-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #11
TSi+WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronnn
oh not my baby.. haha i think he was like 2 or 3.

i just turned 21. im trying to live my life before i get one of those.. hahahaa although if i had a kid like that, that would be awesome!
^ Oh no, I do apologize - I didn't mean to come across as having thought that the cute little guy was yours. Rather, what I was trying to say was that I thought what you'd done for him was awesome, letting him think that he was shooting the pix. That's the kind of thing that will stay with the kid for a long time, and may truly nurture a lifelong interest.

Quote:
he was even helping his dad clean his car. he had a little tissue in his hand and went up to the car and started wiping on it back and forth.

he was definitely the center of attention yesterday haha. then everyone realized the baby was only imitating the dad.... which obviously says that the dad is a car wash whore! hahahaha cleaning his car all day long and the baby is only following his footsteps.
car wash whore

I'll tell ya, though, with a dad like that, that's gonna be one easy way for the kid to make his allowance, soon!

Quote:
oh yeah! and he was even making car noises while he was holding the steering wheel in the driver's seat "vroooom! brrrrrrr! ooooooooooommm! ffffssssssshhhh rrrrrrooooooooo!"

Anna's just getting around to that. She's not much for sound-effects, but now, when the radar-detector goes off, she'll say "Dada slow down!" and when I ask her, along our daily-commute stretch, if she wants a little boost, she'll say "Little boost, but not too much." [ "Too much," of course, and I'd get a , after all, it's only a 35 to 50 PSL transition, and downhill at that .]

Quote:
his dad's car has Borla's, UP, DP, and an intake. so you kinda get the idea of what the kid hears all day long..
Good music!

7th Subaru Family
Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 AM   #12
aaronnn

Quote:
^ Oh no, I do apologize - I didn't mean to come across as having thought that the cute little guy was yours. Rather, what I was trying to say was that I thought what you'd done for him was awesome, letting him think that he was shooting the pix. That's the kind of thing that will stay with the kid for a long time, and may truly nurture a lifelong interest.
ooooh. haha misunderstanding on my part. i didn't know how i didnt catch that before. i got it once i went back to it and reread it. but yes.. it was fun showing the kid how to take the snaps. the dad was confused at what i was doing though. he was just scared the kid might break my camera since it was making beeping noises everytime he pressed it.. but it was only doing that since i set the timer. hahaha i guess the kid's going to be doing the photoshoots for his dad in the near future.

Quote:
car wash whore

I'll tell ya, though, with a dad like that, that's gonna be one easy way for the kid to make his allowance, soon!
yup. i cant wait til i have a kid too (well not really, but mainly for my lazy days when i need to wash my car but cant myself to pick up the hose). hahahaha "take care of it real nicely.. and get every inch of the car. once you turn 18 i might give it to you." that way he'll definitely keep it nice and tidy! hahaha awesome. my gf (if i were to marry my current gf
that ive been in a relationship for 3 years now), would report me for child labor.. or probably kill me. shes a sociology major

Quote:
Anna's just getting around to that. She's not much for sound-effects, but now, when the radar-detector goes off, she'll say "Dada slow down!" and when I ask her, along our daily-commute stretch, if she wants a little boost, she'll say "Little boost, but not too much." [ "Too much," of course, and I'd get a , after all, it's only a 35 to 50 PSL transition, and downhill at that .]
thats awesome!! hahahaha little boost! mad cute

Quote:
Good music!
the best there is! especially with today's standards in pop culture.

love the sound of an overly fat guy drowning.. that's real suby music.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:31 PM   #13
TSi+WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronnn
hahaha i guess the kid's going to be doing the photoshoots for his dad in the near future.
Every wash-whore's dream - have a child who will not only wash and wax your car for you ("claybar that for ya, dad?") but also take pictures after he's done!

Quote:
my gf (if i were to marry my current gf
that ive been in a relationship for 3 years now), would report me for child labor.. or probably kill me. shes a sociology major
Don't worry about it, I'll testify at your hearing.

You think that's bad - you should see the trouble I get in to after I teach Anna her tricks..... Mama is a pediatrician.

Quote:
thats awesome!! hahahaha little boost! mad cute
I've just finished rigging her Fisher Price Little People "Tot-Rod" with an auxiliary 12V battery (the onboard 6V wasn't powerful enough to support the extra equipment; as it turns out, I could pretty easily wedge a Fisher Price 12V rechargeable battery "under the hood," and it provides a nominal output of 9.5 amps, perfect to drive the accessories). Hooked up a set of el-cheap Pilot driving lamps so she can see in the dark (it should get dark here, early enough, soon enough), and also set up my old Bel radar-detector on its "dash."

I've been trying to teach her to say "but officer, I wasn't speeding," while batting her eyes. We've got pretty routine neighborhood patrols in our area, and I always stop to chat with the officers. They've gotten a kick out of Anna's Riced-out little go-cart before, and I think they'll think that this new addition is funny, too.

Quote:
love the sound of an overly fat guy drowning.. that's real suby music.
Hey, that resembles both me - the fat guy - and my car (Perrin Short-Ram combined with Blits DDSS BOV and the factory wastegate actuator)!

7th Subaru Family
Old 09-24-2007, 09:48 PM   #14
Dookie
;-0

Quote:

I've just finished rigging her Fisher Price Little People "Tot-Rod" with an auxiliary 12V battery (the onboard 6V wasn't powerful enough to support the extra equipment; as it turns out, I could pretty easily wedge a Fisher Price 12V rechargeable battery "under the hood," and it provides a nominal output of 9.5 amps, perfect to drive the accessories). Hooked up a set of el-cheap Pilot driving lamps so she can see in the dark (it should get dark here, early enough, soon enough), and also set up my old Bel radar-detector on its "dash."
OMG!!!! Thanks for giving me another drunken project idea.
Dookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #15
Bskey

Cant see the pics at wrk.... damn! I'll have to look once I get home.
Bskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
KA82

i had to tilt my head for the first posts of pics
KA82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:48 PM   #17
Bskey

TSi, you crack me up, modding your daughters "tot rod"
Bskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #18
han

Nice meet. Kinda makes me wish I lived up there for those kind of meets.

TSi : That is SO CUTE with your kid. "Dada slow down!" and "little boost, but not too much"
han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:59 PM   #19
aaronnn

hahahaha awesome! tot rod!

next you gotta replace the big plastic wheels for some racing rims and semi-slicks! haha i would also paint it black with a red lip.. time attack style!

wow. the ideas i get from talking to you guys. imagine the insurance that's going to be coming out of your wallet once anna (sounds weird saying anna and referring it to your daughter, my mom's name is Anna) grows up.. same with that guy with the kid in the pictures. that little kid is gonna become a crazy racer and rack up 20 points on his license before he turns 10. hahaha

see while he'll get his license suspended and arrested, at least anna can get away with it her batting eyes and innocent act!
Old 09-25-2007, 04:04 AM   #20
TSi+WRX

You guys slay me, seriously!

7th Subaru Family