Welcome everybody - LegacyGT.org
LegacyGT.org     subaru gift, subaru calendar

Go Back   LegacyGT.org > Legacy Owner's Lounge > New Member Introductions

Old 05-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
bmhvanbenthum

Send a message via Skype™ to bmhvanbenthum
Default Welcome everybody

Hello everybody,

A short introduction. I'm new in here, and new to subaru. I live in the Netherlands and since a couple of days I'm the owner of 2 subaru legacy's. One legacy BE 2.0 LX 2001, like new, Less then 30K Miles. The second car is a right hand driven Legacy B4 twin turbo JDM version.

Maybe you can guess my plans. The twin turbo engine, transmission and electronics have to be put in my legacy 2.0 LX left hand driven.

But there are a few problems with my donar car, the B4. I think the engine is blown, or some cracks in the heads or cilinders. I don't know.

If you are racing the car for 10 minutes or more, with high RPM 5000-7500, suddenly the coolant starts boiling and gets pushed back into the overflow reservoir. This all happens withing 20 seconds. Before it starts boiling the temperature is fine on the dashboard, and within a second it starts rising, and within 20 seconds steam as getting out from under the hood.

If you make a smooth drive noting will happen. Temperature keeps normal everything seems fine. No white smoke from the exhaust.

Today I removed the thermostat, but back an O-ring the seal the flange, and drive and drive and drive and then race, and whooom boiling again.

The previous owner made a preventive repair/mod to the car. He mounted cometic steel gaskets, but I doubt if this was done correctly. I don't what studs are used, I don't know if the heads were flattened, I don't know if the heads were inspected for cracks. I only know the coolant starts boiling and gets pushed back when you are having some fun with the car.

Second problem is that the car boost like ****. Actually no boost till 5000RPM, and then it turns into a rocket.

So I like to get some tips regarding the boosting problem, and also on the boiling problem. If anybody does have scheme's or documentation about the twin turbo just PM me.

Looking forward to some reactions.

Regards,

Bram
bmhvanbenthum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement