Bagheera- my 05 GT - Page 2 - LegacyGT.org
LegacyGT.org     subaru gift, subaru calendar

Go Back   LegacyGT.org > Legacy Owner's Lounge > Members' Journals

Old 07-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #21
BagheeraLGT

Intake silencer removed!! i did the mod a couple days ago, following Jedi's thread.... Ive been lazy to get to the seatbelt chime and DRLs. Ill prolly do the DRLs when I get to replacing my headlites which are in dire need of replacing.
Do any of you guys have suggestions of where I could find cheap headlamp housings? My plan is to practice clearing them on my old lamps and if all goes well Ill rpt the process on the new ones.
As far as bulbs go ill order a set of clear which flash amber for the blinkers and a good set of headlites. I also have to replace the fog bulbs, since those dont work.
Hopefully if i can find some cheap headlite housings all this will get done within a couple weeks, given i gotta wait for the shipping.
BagheeraLGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #22
TSi+WRX

^ Damaged second-hand units would be the way to go. Post-up a WTB on .com, and ask for ones which have been damaged, but still have the lens-to-body seal mostly intact, saying specifically that it is your wish to practice pulling the unit apart.

But honestly, if you have some Scooby enthusiasts near you, have anyone who's pulled apart the headlamps come teach you - it's easy to do, and nearly fool-proof.

Me: '16 Outback 2.5i Limited
Wifey: '16 WRX Premium CVT
7th Subaru Family
TSi+WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:03 PM   #23
BagheeraLGT

hey guys new post.....this one with some bad news.

the other night my friend and i were driving home on an exit ramp from one highway to another when a deer ran across trhe rd (right to left). regrettably, instead of hitting bambi, i swerved to miss it and couldnt get back into the lane before hitting a guard rail hard (passenger side). i had so much momentum comming out of it that i scratched the driver side of my subie.

definately should have hit the deer, as insurance would consider the claim under comprehensive instead of collision. im still waiting to hear what they wanna do as far as totaling it. id prefer not to, but even if they do consider it totaled ill prolly end up just buying it back. the origional estimate was $8800 from the body shop but we can always expect that to go up.

my advice to you guys is if put in a similiar situation, take the deer our like its your girl on a friday night....unless you rly love animals. the biggest bummer of all is that ive only had my gt for a month before this bull****.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSPX0608.jpg (589.8 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0609.jpg (554.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0611.jpg (492.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg SSPX0612.jpg (593.6 KB, 8 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2009, 05:03 AM   #24
TSi+WRX

Yikes!

Glad you and your passenger were both OK!

As for hitting the deer, I don't know - that's a lot of mass, and front-on, who knows what kind of havoc that could've caused, including potential cabin intrusion.

Me: '16 Outback 2.5i Limited
Wifey: '16 WRX Premium CVT
7th Subaru Family
TSi+WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #25
kagenmateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagheeraLGT
Thnks Kagen!! I browsed through some of your threads and have to say that im very impressed with your mods (esp your extensive audio work). Keep it up!
Thanks for the kind words man. Today was spent washing, drying, claybarring, waxing, and polishing. I'm pooped.

kagenmateer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #26
BagheeraLGT

Default Suggestions anyone?

Hey guys, just a quick update. My car was deemed totaled by insurance with options to recieve $9,600 and give up the GT or pay $700 Salvage value and receive both the car and $8,900. I chose to take the 8900 and the car. Now my car in its current condition (pics above) is sitting in my driveway.

I do plan on reviving the GT (mabye with a few aftermarket goodies) but dont rly have a timeframe. in the meantime, I guess i have up to $8900 to look for a dailyD, which is more than enough for me to find something. If worse comes to worst, i wont do much with the car for now and just live life as is with whatever dd i end up with.

I would however like to start piecing together the GT and get it back on the road sooner rather than later. First off, Id have to tackle the front right quarter. Hopefully the support bar (idk exactly what its called) running from the passenger headlight to the rear view mirror can be bent back into place rather than replacing it. If i do end up needing to replace it, do any of you vets know where i might be able to find a right front quarter...which would include inner metal (support bar/skelton), headlight, inner fender wall, fender, radiator and other miscelaneous. Ill be looking at junkyards and other various places, but if you all know of anything else pls let me kno (links would be great).

Thanks again, and any suggestions or advice from you who have been through this before it would be greatly appreciated. THis whole situation rly sucks for me, but instead of saying FML im gonna try and make the most of this, get my car back and really try and learn AMAP. Looking forward to replies
Old 08-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #27
kagenmateer

That car is phucked. Part it out. Nuff said.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #28
BagheeraLGT

u dont think its worth it to try and revive? i guess all i have going for me is that im young and motivated...
Old 08-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #29
kagenmateer

It would cost more money than it would be worth once you were done. It's worth far more than $700 in parts if you can store it well and sell a piece at a time on ebay/craigslist/lgt.com

The wheels alone (if they're all still good) are worth a few hundred on Nasioc. The WRX kids love our wheels...older Legacy guys too.