Go Back   LegacyGT.org > Off-Topic > Off-Topic

Old 01-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #1
TSi+WRX

Thumbs down Dealership crashes a "new" 2015 WRX

From a local friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIMx...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdigital on OFCC.org
Only 1300 miles on it. It had a check engine light. I took it to the dealer to check it out. Dealer allegedly hit a deer.

I feel like I'm going to get screwed. i just want my nice new car back the way it was. Did some research:

Driver was the parts guy and not a certified tech. He has numerous speeding tickets and at-fault accidents. I'm not sure he has a driver's license.
Quote:
They told me it's going to be on my insurance.
Quote:
This was Adventure Subaru in Mentor/Painesville.
Quote:
I was talking to General Manager, Scott Werner.

He's been advised to escalate this through Subaru of America, corporate.

Spread the word, guys.

I can't believe this kind of treatment of customers still exists.

When my wife's '09 FXT went in for her long-block replacement (due to the 08/09 turbo-vehicles "Stop Sale" debacle) and she crashed her loaner (her fault, no less, to the tune of some $15K ), our dealership (Ganley Subaru of Bedford) not only immediately gave her another loaner, but also handled all of the insurance work (theirs). All we had to pay was their deductible. This is how a business who values their customers should do it.

The kind of crap that Adventure Subaru of Mentor/Painesville is trying to pull on rdigital is simply ridiculous. I'm, frankly, disgusted.

I've been in the Subaru community now for going on 10 years. This is among the worst I've seen, and one of the few I've felt compelled to post about.

Me: '16 Outback 2.5i Limited
Wifey: '16 WRX Premium CVT
7th Subaru Family
TSi+WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2015, 05:23 PM   #2
TSi+WRX

A couple of days ago, the vehicle owner, rDigital was able to get in touch withe the owner of the dealership, at which point the owner of the dealership verbally promised that rDigital would be given a new replacement WRX. This call was followed a day or so later by a similar call from that dealership's Service Manager.

The dealership is now backpedaling. I'm thinking it may be a stall tactic.

Latest update from rDigital, via AR15.com -

Quote:
Originally Posted by rDigital on AR15.com
Posted: Today 4:02:28 PM EST

Spoke with service manager today. According to him we are going nowhere until they talk to my insurance. There was also no mention of whether or not the have ordered a replacement 2015 WRX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rDigital on AR15.com
Posted: Today 4:47:51 PM EST

I just talked to the owner. Nothing but weasel words. I'm f*****.
Questions at this point:

- Has the "parts guy" that crashed your car made a statement on the police report, yet? Previously, you said that you'd spoken to the Mentor Police and that while a report was generated, they have yet to have a statement from the involved party - who had five days from the incident to complete the statement. [A part of me can't help but think that their second exchange with you as well as your new conversation with the owner is simply to buy them time to formulate an outcome that will be in their favor.]

- What has your insurance said about the situation so far?

- Any word from Subaru Corporate?

:cry:

7th Subaru Family
Old 01-31-2015, 09:07 AM   #3
TSi+WRX

rDigital looked up the driving record of the dealership employee (apparently his official title at the dealership was that of "Service Advisor;" not a "parts guy," after all), who was involved in the incident:

Dealership crashed my brand new 2015 Subaru WRX - Page 20 - AR15.COM

He's verified that this is the employee in question, however, the above is only from public records in the 3 local courts in his/our area - rDigital does not have access to the state database.

Last update from rDigital is that his insurance has closed the file on his case. Not sure exactly what that means, in terms of how it's being handled between his insurance and that of the dealership's......

7th Subaru Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
TSi+WRX

From rDigital, today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rDigital of OFCC.org
We have the new car on order. They're doing a VIN swap on my loan, so it is at no additional cost to me. They will be reimbursing us for a new car seat. The STI short throw shifter is being installed as an option which I am paying for out of my own pocket. Evan Fineberg offered to pay for it but I told him I don't want his money. Thomas Doll, CEO of Subaru made this right.

Thank you, everyone, for your support!

I'm trying to get some details from rDigital regarding his last sentence.

For those of you who may have kept track of this incident via AR15.com or NASIOC, you'll know that some time during Sunday evening, rDigital received a text from Evan Fienberg (the owner of Adventure Subaru of Painesville, Ohio) a text message promising that he would be made right. They agreed to meet for lunch, and the above was the result.

However, reading rDigital's post, it would seem that it took a higher power to bend Fienberg and end this fiasco. I'm trying to ascertain if that's indeed true.

7th Subaru Family
Old 03-29-2015, 03:51 PM   #5
Bu11dogg2
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Bu11dogg2

Are you talking to yourself?

J/k love you man!!
Bu11dogg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #6
TSi+WRX

^ Hey, you're back!!!!

--

To update this thread, the dealership, under assault from rDigital's social media responses, relented and made-right.

rDigital took delivery of his new replacement WRX from the dealership a few days ago.

7th Subaru Family
Old 05-12-2015, 01:02 PM   #7
Dookie
;-0

We're like the only ones that circle back to this site.
Dookie is offline   Reply With Quote