Abandoned Forum? - Page 3 - LegacyGT.org
LegacyGT.org     subaru gift, subaru calendar

Go Back   LegacyGT.org > Off-Topic > Off-Topic

Old 07-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #41
.17HMR

how the flock does that lgt in vermont have rust on it. Turn off.

He just threw up a new price: 14k w/ the ESM wheels, but NO stock wheels.

^From my understanding, if you do not have OEM wheels, it dramatically lowers the value of your vehicle, correct?
.17HMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #42
.17HMR

Kelly Blue Book is a joke.

My vehicle has 127,00 on the body & tranny, but only has 25 on the motor.

On KBB, my vehicle is worth 9,500 with 127,000 miles on it.

With 25k miles, it's now worth 16,000.

I can find a used tranny w/ 25k or less for oh say like 1200 - 1500, if that & have it installed for a few hundred dollars. So if I spend an extra grand, my vehicle is now worth 6 thousand more? -bahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 07-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #43
Dookie
;-0

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. It's all based off miles and condition of the car. Having custom wheels and some other things will help to increase value, but not that much. With the new motor, I say ask for an additional grand over the KBB value and explain it has a new motor. Most reasonable buyers will understand.

I've bought and sold several cars in my life, and the best I could get for most of my vehicles is the high end of KBB values. The only time I received more than KBB, was when I sold my street prepared race car and I found a buyer wanting exactly what I had on the car.
Dookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #44
.17HMR

Mechanical miles or body miles? Personally, I feel KBB should be set aside when you're dealing w/ vehicles like the LGT. A majority of these owners are auto enthusiasts, therefore their vehicles are more than likely kept in great condition. Even at 150k, I wouldn't be surprised if that exact make/model/year vehicle was in better condition than another vehicle w/ 75k that a your average Joe owned.

There's a big difference between 9500 & 16k.

I stopped at the Subi dealership the other day. They had a stock 06' LGT out front w/ 66k on it for 17k. So what do you think the dealership paid for that vehicle? 12-14k?

I'm almost curious as to what the dealership would offer me assuming my LGT had 25k on it. You don't think it'd be 10-11k ballpark? That's strange considering that's what I'd get (if not less) selling private. Lol, you're always are guna get a few extra bucks going private vs dealer.

So Dookie, what do you think would be a fair figure if you were to sell the vehicle? 10k? 11k? 12k?

I don't think it'd be worth it to drop a new tranny in & sky rocket my price. I'd rather let the owner know he has the option of spending that 1k on a tranny & show him where the vehicle would sit at KBB ...which is 5k more...
Old 07-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #45
Dookie
;-0

Trust me, I agree with you, but the majority of buyers is only going to go off of the KBB values. The only exception is if you have specialty parts that a buyer is looking for, then you have a buyer willing to purchase at your listed price.

To sell your current LGT, based on the car values, you can ask for 10k - 11k as a starting point. More than likely, you will prob get closer to 9k for it. Not to shoot you down in price, but that's what the majority will pay for it.

In most cases, you're not going to get what you put in to it nor what you paid for it. Depreciation is a beotch!!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #46
.17HMR

Yikes, maybe I should lean towards a used 5EAT, reverse my OD meter, & price accordingly.

I'm sure you've seen that stage 3 OBP LGT in Big Lake, Mn on Nasioc for 15,200. Judging by the values of the 5EATs, his price seems pretty high. 4k more for an MT? Now I'm scratchin' my head.

Yea, depreciation really does suck. More than likely, I'm going to have to shell out 14+ for that LGT in Big Lake. I put on 30k miles/year for school. I've seen what LGT's go for w/ 100k on them. So, if my math is correct I will lose 3k+ within the next year, & when I graduate (2016), it's going to be worth 1,000. haha & I thought Subaru w/ the acception of BMW, had the best resale value. Lol, maybe I should look into buying a 93/94 Supra or RX7. Regardless of time, those seem to never lose their value.

Ya know, maybe I should think twice about that 06' n Montana just for resale.

WRX hold better resale vaule vs an LGT?
Old 08-31-2012, 10:06 AM   #47
Islander

I've considered fabricating an intake, but the largest problem lies in the correct mounting of the MAF sensor. If the volume of air right at the sensor going around and bypassing it is different than the OEM intake, it will throw your A/F ratio way out. I would imagine that this is completely solvable with ECM tuning. Personally, though, I'm going to go for a Perrin when I get a chance to cruise down to Portland.

It actually sounds like you're planning on some serious volume so fair enough, but for me running largely stock stuff, an aftermarket pre-throttle body intake will make minimal difference in power, much like a cat-back exhaust system. I do it mostly for the look and the sound (the open intake/conical filter makes some great noises under WOT!), and the idea that it's maybe flowing a little more efficiently. Reality is though that it's not going to get you to 60 much faster. OEM cat back exhaust and air intake stuff doesn't really become the bottleneck to power until you start cranking the turbo, etc.
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #48
john

Send a message via AIM to john

I thought the spec b was a 6 speed manual?

‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:13 PM   #49
.17HMR

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
I thought the spec b was a 6 speed manual?
I thought I've seen them w/ the 5's
Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #50
Dookie
;-0

Spec B = 6MT
Old 09-11-2012, 12:37 AM   #51
SubieChik
LXRY STI

After I flashed my car to Stage1 I put it on the dyno at a local shops dyno day. I dynoed 235/265 AP Stage1 with a custom single catback and a Perrin SRI that's it.
SubieChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:47 PM   #52
kagenmateer

^^^ That's a generous dyno.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:05 AM   #53
SubieChik
LXRY STI

Dookie '06 SpecBs were 5spd

Haha my autocorrect made your name Cookie at first.....I should have left it

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagenmateer
^^^ That's a generous dyno.

It was on a dynojet......I dynoed a tad less on a Mustang.....so I don't think it was that nice lol
Old 09-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #54
Dookie
;-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieChik
Dookie '06 SpecBs were 5spd

Haha my autocorrect made your name Cookie at first.....I should have left it

I stand corrected, thank you.

and only you may call me Cookie.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #55
SubieChik
LXRY STI

Yes!
Old 09-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #56
Dookie
;-0

Old 09-15-2012, 03:56 PM   #57
TSi+WRX

SubieChik, do you know what stock '04-'05 STis and tuned (Stage I, Stage II, and Stage II ProTuned) STis put down on those two dynos you used? That's usually a pretty good benchmark.

Me: '16 Outback 2.5i Limited
Wifey: '16 WRX Premium CVT
7th Subaru Family
TSi+WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #58
SubieChik
LXRY STI

No I have no idea......it was 5 years ago so not I really have no clue