Here looking for advice - LegacyGT.org
LegacyGT.org     subaru gift, subaru calendar

Go Back   LegacyGT.org > Legacy Owner's Lounge > New Member Introductions

Old 10-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
Docondquay

Default Here looking for advice

Hi all! Sadly, I am here because my '06 GT needs a new turbo. My wife and I are retired seniors on a limited income and need to decide if we should sell the car - - or fix it. The cost of repairs may be more than our budget allows, and we have another car and don't need two at all. We had considered selling the GT when we retired a few years ago, but decided that the pleasure I get when driving it made it worth keeping.

So now I am wondering if anyone can recommend an aftermarket turbocharger that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. A Subaru OEM turbo is just too expensive. By the way...we live in Canada, in the Vancouver area of British Columbia.

A friend has already directed me to Rockauto.com, where I found new turbochargers at much lower prices than OEM. Can anyone here tell me if a turbo from Ultra-Power, Rotomaster, Mahle, Pure Energy or Cardone would be an acceptable replacement? My car is 100% stock, with 163,000 kilometers (100,000 miles) on it and I am not looking to upgrade anything, only to restore the car to its original performance.

Many thanks, in advance, for any advice.
Docondquay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2020, 01:12 AM   #2
vikingpeggy

With the recent increase in rogue traders in the turbo industry, as well as the rise in poor quality Chinese Turbochargers and Turbo Parts. We completely understand customers' worries of having their turbochargers rebuilt or remanufactured. Sometimes, genuine, new replacement is the best option, but main dealer prices can be harsh indeed! There is such thing a cheap, new turbo, and Turbo Rebuild bring it to you!

Turbo Rebuild is able to supply more or less any GENUINE NEW TURBO for any production car produced over the last 10 years (sometimes even further back!)

A Genuine New Turbo is the same as your car or van was fitted within the factory and is the best quality turbo available. Every Genuine New Turbocharger comes direct from the turbo manufacturer and includes not only the NEW Turbo, but also a new actuator, as well as a new Fitting Kit which includes essential Turbo Gaskets and Fasteners

Last edited by vikingpeggy; 06-03-2021 at 09:56 AM.
vikingpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help! turbo blown.